Are you Being Abused?
Sometimes people call Lurana Shelter Society because they are unsure if what they are experiencing, or someone they know is experiencing, is domestic violence. To know if you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, ask yourself these questions:
Does the person you love…
- Threaten to hurt you or your children?
- Say it’s your fault if he or she hits you, then promises it won’t happen again (but it does)?
- Put you down in public or keep you from contacting family or friends?
- Throw you down, push, hit, choke, kick, or slap you?
- Force you to have sex when you don’t want to?